Thursday, September 25, 2008

Frail old man runs from African American asking for change

Ok, so I stole the title from the same on Fark.com, but I laughed too much at the title. For those trying to get it I'll say it a bit plainer: McCain is trying to suspend his campaign to help get the $700b bailout out the door. He wants to postpone (and likely then cancel) the first presidential debate, coming up tomorrow.

Now, that's not likely to happen (Debate council said no), but I find it a little funny that Obama, it seems, actually asked McCain back to DC to vote on this. He didn't' ask him to suspend the campaign, or for that matter snub a Letterman appearance. All he asked was to come back for a little bit of legislative duty.

My question: Just what in the holy fucking hell is John thinking? Has this asshole ever heard of multitasking? Still waiting for more polls, but 538's early ones are showing I'm not alone here. He's not doing us a service by trying to dodge other responsibilities while trying to look like he gives a shit.

No comments: