Friday, June 18, 2010

Am I the only one that doesn't give a shit?

I'm going to go out on a limb here (and some much catch a small pun there ^_^) and speak my mind on something: I don't care that the Lakers won. Actually, when it comes to sports I, to quote, "frankly don't give a damn" about professional sports.

I just don't know why. I have actually tried to sit down and want to watch a game of any sport and... I just get bored. There's nothing there that holds my attention. Unless things go bad. A good example would be the last World Cup. You know, the one where this asshole decided to disrespect his game and headbutt a player over some harsh words? I was housesitting for my sister at the time and decided to watch the game. Worst.Mistake.Ever.

But I see my disgust for pro-sports everwhere. Do they honestly deserve the millions they get paid? In my opinoin, no. But I'm a minority. I can sit in front of a comptuer for hours on one game and get just as much enjoyment. I just wish I didn't have to hear my neighbors while last nights game was going on. Hearing shouts of 'Oh come on you motherfucker' loud enough for my whole apartment complext to hear is NOT my idea of an enjoyable evening. Sorry, no.

No comments: