Friday, August 20, 2010

#Blogin5 Challenge: Multidimensions and Gravitation Lenses

First off, if you read my post about chaos you know I have a rather odd look at physics of the universe, theoretical or otherwise.

I picked up on these two videos about 6 months go and I'm going to link them here before I go forward:




Ok this is going to be quick but at the same time your eyes will gloss over: If we take the idea that you can use the gravity of massively heavy objects to distort light, called a gravitational lens, does that mean gravity is a function of the 3th dimension? Or is it possible, given that light could be a function of the 4th dimension (given we can't exceed it or time). The reason why I ponder this is that you are effectively traveling through the same amount of space but at a given slower time. Time, being a function closer to length, has only one dimension. Does this mean that gravity bends it? Meaning it would be a 5th or 6th dimensional property? And maybe that's the reason why we've been unable to locate the particle that controls gravity, like we've located for the other 3 forces.

No comments: