Friday, August 13, 2010

I ain't scared of the 13th

I am not, to put it in a long winded way, triskaidekaphobic (from Greek: tris = 3, kai = and, deka = 10). I have fun, though, with days like this. I find superstition fascinating (just about as much as chemistry or politics, or gaming). All in all I have to say I am either a reverse jinx or somehow protected from superstitious harm. Perhaps because I was born on Halloween? Or maybe that just explains why I'm so damn weird XD.

I seem to flaunt bad luck charms wherever I go. I have for instance, as a child, owned one of these:
Mine was named Phidoux (you pronounce it 'Fido' in French)

I've walked under countless ladders (well, ones tall enough for me to fit under). I have done so many things I should be having the largest run of bad luck next to the Chicago Cubs. I actually have this book, and read through it for things I hadn't tried yet:
It has a horse, a rainbow, and an eagle on the front. Therefore it must be new age.
So basically, I have a field day on Friday the 13th. I see how many people I can spook. I have to admit, it's only a few :(

No comments: