Friday, March 25, 2011

Arizona Trip, Part I

What…a….day!

No, really. I’m tired as hell right now. 6 hours a driving, but I’m alive and in Arizona. I'm fine, aside from having to find a Starbucks to do this post from (fucking Motel 6 having their internet/wifi down until Monday. What a goddamn crock. I got what I paid for, I suppose.)



First, however, I was greeted with this in the morning


Yeah, fucking cats and dogs. Anyways after getting ready I headed out the door with overnight and laptop bags in my car.

Before I get too far into this I feel I have to remind people about something. This whole thing is a big awakening to me, I feel like I’m traveling far for good reasons. Adventure, sure, is a big part of this. With that in mind I wore this shirt.

The little guys expression is priceless.
I also symbolically I decided to drive the whole of the 55 freeway. Odd? Not really if you know me well enough: I've lived at either end of that freeway both from Anaheim to Costa Mesa.

Off in the distance, the start of CA55, from Newport Blvd.


Hard to tell but the 2nd picture is looking out over the 55/91 interchange. I saw this many times looking over the back wall from where I lived in Anaheim. It’s kind of odd and bittersweet seeing it from this side. As a child it looked much grander in the distance.

The drive wasn’t exactly pleasant given our weather
I think this might have been somewhere down the 60 but I don’t know. 
Nothing major, except for the rain, happened to me between getting on the freeway until I turned in at a rest stop in Palm Springs. I looked up and saw this just as I was about to leave, and I had to get a picture.

That is SNOW being formed!
Absolutely stunning visual right there.

After Palm Springs the skies cleared and I no longer felt I was in our state.

Wait, I’m wrong on this one. This picture was taken on our side of the border. If you want one from across the CA/AZ line, just imagine cacti in the picture above. THAT'S THE ONLY DIFFERENCE. I'm at a mall right now that but for the fact that it's indoors is exactly like The Block in Orange. Given it's owned by the same company (Mills Malls) I'm not surprised.

Again, nothing much changed after getting across the border. This is where I’ll leave this narrative. I’m in another state for the first time in like forever, happy to be here and will be taking pictures around a school that I think I’m 99.99999999% certain I’ll be making the choice to attend. See you guys for now.


P.S. I know we geeks are weird, but never before have I heard of Fry’s Electronics referred to as a grocery store *record scratch* until now…
Comedic Gold! 


No comments: