Friday, April 15, 2011

The Ways of Chaos

Ages ago on this blog I tried to get out my ideas about the word chaos. In effect I failed, as over the years I understand more and more about order and it's relation to chaos.


Recently, for my English composition class, we studied the idea of Thesauruscoping (Adios, Strunk, and White is an awesome text book if only for the terms they make up XD ) : Basically it's understanding that a dictionary is the friend of a thesaurus, but the thesaurus is not a friend of you. It studies the idea of looking at how two synonyms are dissimilar and how two antonyms are alike.

We have two words and ideas here that do seemingly oppose each other. One one side we have the unpredictable, and with the other we have the utterly certain. If you've ready my other post, linked above, you'll know that we could predict what we call chaos. Thus I contend that order and chaos are one it the same. The difference is in the idea of entropy, in a cosmological sense of the word. Order is a high entropic environment whereas chaos has very little. The blandness of order is countered by the spiciness of a good chaotic element, similar to adding a spice to a dish to bring out its flavor (yes it's near lunchtime right now XD).


The above ideas for this post came out of a conversation I had with a friend yesterday. Without being specific this conversation turned to the fact that I do tend to rub people the wrong with with my actions. The issue is that I don't follow and ordered path because, in the end, I don't believe that order truly exists. I don't believe order exists either, and this is what can piss off those around me. If you believe I am going to do one thing and I turn around and do another, and I have a valid reason why I'm do this other thing, don't get cheesed off. It's just me, deal with it ~_^

This, the idea of chaos and order being similar, was missing when I wrote ramblings as I was focusing on only one side of the coin. Entropy on the other hand does exist and in great quantities. Well, great quantities in chaos ~_^

No comments: