Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Programming Bugs (not what you think it is)

Not many may know this but I have this thing I call the "Programming Bug". It's like an itch that must, I mean must be scratched, only in computer form. It's one of those moments where a small part of my brain says "you must make this program... I WILL YOU TO MAKE THIS NOW", and I become kinda helpless unless I obey.



This brings me to yesterday, were in our Game Programming class we began making a text adventure game in python. It was meant to be a send off of Zork, which we renamed Zerk.

Something about my memories of old text adventures (somehow now called interactive fiction) tickled that part of my brain responsible for Programming Bugs... and I was up until 1:15am this morning reworking our assignment into a more grand adventure of Zerk the Challenged. I won't get extra credit for this, but my compulsiveness means I won't be happy with myself until I'm done either. Here's a minor snip of code:
I don't expect you to understand what this is, but if you did you have a map of Zerk's house ~_^

No comments: