Monday, July 9, 2012

The Monday Post: Daytime at Dark

So it's early-to-mid summer here in Arizona now and we've gotten to the point where we see high 90s to low 100s during the night. For those having heatwaves, even ones in the national news, may I kindly ask you to go away and kindly take your pansy whining with you.


Moving on, I wasn't so used to the weather when I first arrived and I came to think of this time as "feeling like it's day during the night." By that I meant I could close my eyes and almost imagine it being mid-day rather than midnight. Only, I couldn't get to that feeling 100%. I realized why later on: you miss that feeling of sunlight on your skin. That hearty blast of photons that, here in Arizona, has weight to them almost when they thrust upon your skin. You can't fool your brain with just a light bulb on your skin. You need to have that burning ball of gas 1 AU to get the actual feeling of noon. Else you may as well be in an oven, which is still an apt analogy for this time of year here. ^_^

No comments: