Saturday, September 13, 2008

Metallica -- Death Magnetic

Ok since the album has come out I feel ok in doing a mini review. I'll say I... acquired... the album via other means a week before release.

And you know what, I'm buying it right now on iTunes. The last good album they put out, IMHO, was the black album. I have a coworker (dealer of music, in this case) that felt the black album was when they were already in decline. Either way, we're both buying the album.

It's a return to what they are great at: Music that doesn't try to do anything else but rock. Load/Reload/Garage Inc are blemishes. St. Anger was a good start, but this is the full return. 

I'd sworn off buying their albums after the whole Napster hypocrisy (geeze, you guys like tape trading but not file sharing? What a crock of shit).

Go buy album now!

[Edit] Oh I had bought S&M, but since that's such and odd piece (as is Binge & Purge) I didn't include it initially.

No comments: