Thursday, September 18, 2008

We now own AIG

You... me... any American that pays taxes (there are some of you freaks out there that think you shouldn't. You guys need to lay off the ganja). WE NOW OWN THE MAJORITY OF THE COMPANY

We're bailing out things left and right. Soon, we won't have the money to do so. Actually, I'm pretty sure 'revolving credit' means we don't.

You know what this reminds me of? The beginning of the Great Depression, when the banks started trying to stem off a sell out buy buying (loudly, I might add) shares of companies at higher than the asking rate. They did it to instill trust in stockholders, under the 'If we think everything is good then it must be' doctrine. 

I heard McCain last night saying that the fundamentals of the us economy were sound. Herbert Hoover anyone? Head in sand anyone else?

No comments: