Friday, October 3, 2008

Veep Debates: Another tie but in a good way

Sorry for the lack of updates this week: Mild illness + work stress can really kill your off time.

So anyways I did sit down and watch the debates yesterday. And, I'm calling this one a tie as well (despite some CNN survey I can't even find). But this time, it was a good tie.

Both Palin and Biden did a fair amount of work prior to the debate and it shows:
  • The normally long-winded answers Biden gives were cut to short, to the point replies. He also kept his focus.
  • Pailin was less a punching bag than I had expected her to be. She had quick retorts, threw barbs... really wasn't expecting half her answers.
However, they still had thier downfalls:
  • Biden attacked McCain very well, but left himself open to Palin. All offense, no defence. The cliche of "good offence" would apply if this offence was good enough to keep Pailin, it wasn't because...
  • Palin kept switching the fucking subject every question to either energy, Alaska, Biden's previous record, or some combo of the three. This really started getting annoying half way through or so as I was tired of having to switch my mind over to 'ignore' when she mentioned these things.
So, all in all a good fight. Good fight + tie == good thing. Wimpy fight + tie == I better not have paid to see this drek.

No comments: