Monday, June 21, 2010

Times Square bomb suspect pleads guilty

Interesting. Faisal Shazad pleaded guilty. No plea bargain, no "nope I'm not going to admit it" not guilty plea. Just "yeah I did it."

I'd say this boggles my mind but it really doesn't. I think this guy got way in over his head and now is, like a gentlemen, taking the blame. Given this guy obviously missed a few of the bomb making classes (fireworks? Really? Timothy McVeigh took more care in constructing his own bomb) he has also cooperated with investigators, spilling the beans on all he knows. He is facing live in prison, but I think that is justifiable given his intent and the fact that he failed. We.Got.Lucky. The next person they find to do his type of job will be better, and we had better be prepared for this.

No comments: