Saturday, July 24, 2010

Comic-Con 2010, my report

Whoa boy, here we go. This was and is my first *con experience. So to be honest I did not know what to expect. This is going to be a photo report of sorts, as they tell my story a bit better than I could. With that, lets dive in.

First off understand I'm normally a night person. Late night, not getting up at 4:30 am to get to somewhere 4 hours later. I may only be an hour and half away from San Diego I still knew I was going to hit traffic. And due to my need of coffee a well placed stop before Camp Pendleton was in order XD Also hit traffic in Carlsbad. But at least I was dressed for the occasion.






Yes I'm a nerd, shut up ^_^

So I'm just going to say that the place was crowded. Remember the cluster fuck I had getting downstairs only to find out the line to Hall H was outside? Here's a picture of the escalator down



Though going outside I did run into P----auly Shore







So after getting disappointed that I wasn't going to get into Hall H (I'm leaving all of that for another post. Trust me, it's fucked up) I did make it see what 38 Studios, headed by base-baller Curt Schilling, to see what they were up to. Ho-lee-fuck.

This is going to blow Dragon Age series out of the water. Taking a look at the panel, comprised of 38's founding members we can see why.
Left to right: Curt Schilling, R. A. Salvatore, Ken Rolston, and Todd McFarlane. Let's contemplate this for a moment. We have a best selling author, best selling video game designer (Morrowind, Oblivion), and possibly the best comic cartoonist ever (Next to Kerby and Lee). Something to understand here is that they openly said there is to be an MMO after this. In fact, this game is part of the 10 thousand year history of Alamur which has been written by Salvatore. The awesomeness speaks for itself. The below trailer says more, and I got to see if unveiled LIVE MUTHAFUKKA!



Also, McFarlane is an animated man

Yes he's standing on the panel desk XD





Speaking of other upcoming games, I got to play several. Splatterhouse looks SICK

As does the statue for it






And while I didn't make it to the presentation I did get to the Tron Legacy booth. With some cool stuff. 


Oh and they have figures and toys at the ready! WANT!


Ok that's it for this post. My next one is going to be mostly a dump of the cosplayers on the exhibit floor. See you then.

No comments: