Tuesday, October 5, 2010

67th Birthday (Father Update)

So yeah my father's 67th birthday was yesterday. I asked him if he felt old. "Older than dirt" was his reply.

I'm happy to see progress on his toe (or rater, the missing one), but it still hasn't healed 3 weeks later. It hasn't filled up with scar tissue either. So it's just the pit going into his foot. Not the best sign, really.

But some humor for you in this post: I got my father a birthday card that was entitled Anti-ageing quiz. It had a picture of a woman... Yeah she had to have 36F-24-36 as measurements. You open the card and it asks as simple question: What color was her purse?  If you asked "She had a purse?", the card told, you weren't old yet.

No one... not me, not even my mother, didn't have to turn back to the front to find the answer (Green). Laughs all around.

No comments: