Friday, October 1, 2010

Dispite Better Ideas, Comic-Con to stay in San Diego

So while I perfectly understand moving to new digs is an utter hassel, you'd think this one would be a no brainer. However, announced today, Comic-Con is in fact staying in San Diego through 2015.

As I read the linked article, I think back to my previous post about Hall H and I have to say: You guys are missing the point.

Yes, getting a hotel for the 4 days is a pain in the ass. But that was besides the pont of my post. The SDCC is just too small to host this damn thing anymore.

And yes going to conventions is about waiting for your favorite panel to start... outside... in a line. But given that both Anaheim and LA have larger facilities that could handle multiple Hall H type venues. Think about spreading the damage out and how that would help.

*Sigh* I just don't get it. I will go back again next year, maybe even for a full 4 days if I'm lucky. I'll just be sure to bring some eye protection, or maybe even full riot gear if I plan to see anything in Hall H.

No comments: