Monday, February 28, 2011

Stress


It's one of the sad things about being me: I have the patience of a saint... to a point. The moment I get very stressed I can no longer be patient with anyone or myself. And this starts a vicious feedback cycle where if I don't get what I need/want right away I get more stressed. Ergo I get less patient. Lather, rinse, repeat until I keel over and practically go catatonic.

So this weekend was basically one of those moments. If you remember my last post I talked about all the lines of force (it would take a blog post a mile long to explain the term) around me. All of them tugging and pushing and just banging me around like a rag doll. This is a summary of my weekend to illustrate my point about me and stress not being the greatest of friends.

Saturday I had to do laundry. A week later than normal due to the weather last weekend. As I was doing it I was also trying to finish off an essay in English due Wednesday. I got done, headed home, and finally ate (skipped breakfast because I got up late). Tried to go over to apartment manager to talk about my lease but found her to be out for lunch. So I pack up my essay and try to head over to the writing center which, by this point, should still have been open. They were closed 2 hours ahead of schedule. It was only 1:15 pm but the place was locked up and dark. I head back home and try for the manager again. She's back, but a couple whom was moving in so I deferred to them. The manager said it should only take 30 mins so I tried the writing center again. No go, still closed at a little after 2 pm.

In retrospect I should not have let my manager go, as she was not available the rest of the day. My next opportunity will be Wednesday to talk to her (shop is closed Sunday-Monday, and my class on Tuesday does not afford me the ability to chat long).

So my stress levels maxed at about this point. I couldn't do much else but sit at my computer, consuming whatever flash games I could to destress. I was still like this Sunday as well, so I didn't go over to my parent's place like I normally would.

P.S. On a happier note I did figure out why I couldn't get a call through to my old high school. Seems in the time since I graduated they've enacted a 'Ski Week', a whole week off late winter due to so many kids being taken out of class to go, you know, ski. All I can say is "Get off my lawn!"

No comments: