Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Monday Post - Randomly Generated Games

So I'm still not sure of a title format so bear with me, this is a new setup.

This is a little deeper but at the same time less thought out than some of my exploratory posts (the ones dealing with being an introvert I mean). I've been thinking about what games I always come back to and want to play. I don't mean the fact that I have GTA:Vice City with a fully unlocked save currently installed. I use that to blow off steam (when you know the right cheat codes you can blow up the whole fucking island and get away with it... and you know that feels so damn good).

No, I'm speaking of games that are new and different every time you come to them. I'm talking about the Rouge-like RPG. Whasat? You don't know them? Oh boy oh boy time for me to deluge you with links:


I have to say what I get and like about games like this is that though the base game is the same, every time I start a new level or character my priorities have to change with it. Dredmor is a good example, where I'll find myself running into a Deth (think Death, the Grim Reaper or sorts) on the first floor. I damn well know I can't fight toe to toe at that low a level but I've got my fire spells. In another game I might never run into one. I honestly don't think I've been below the 3rd floor ever in a game, but I continue to play.

I might have a more thought out post in the future, so this one is just a teaser. Be seeing you.

No comments: